This seems to be about all I'm good for on this blog any more, so here goes:Albert King, I Wanna Get Funky
- Everything Albert King does is, by definition, funky.Lucinda Williams, Am I Too Blue?
- I actually find that Lucinda Williams sometimes is
too blue for me, but this is a very pretty song.M. Ward, Oh Take Me Back
- In a year of phenomenal album releases (about which I intend to post soon), Transistor Radio
is without a doubt one of the top three.Pere Ubu, Dream the Moon
- The coolest band ever to come out of Cleveland, which might be damning with faint praise, since no other band has ever come out of Cleveland besides Bone Thugs-n-Harmony (no comment). But Pere Ubu is awesome, no doubt about that.Wilco, Hummingbird
- I am firmly in the camp that believes that Wilco is only getting better with each album, and I’d rather listen to A Ghost Is Born than all that twangy shit any day.Field Music, Like When You Meet Someone Else
- I bought this album for the catchy single You Can Decide
and haven’t really listened to the rest of it yet.U2, Ultraviolet (Light My Way)
- I once met the belly dancer
who danced onstage during Mysterious Ways
on the ZooTV tour. Nothing else I can say about U2 can top that.Willie Nelson and Merle Haggard, Pancho & Lefty
- Does everybody already know that Willie Nelson endorsed
Dennis Kucinich for President in 2004? Does everybody else appreciate how cool that is?Ted Hawkins, Daytime Friend
- You can guess what the daytime friends do at night...Bob Dylan, If Dogs Run Free
- Bob sounds an awful lot like early Tom Waits in this jazzy little song.
Bring on the Muck of the Week.