How does your garden grow? With muck, muck and more muck! I spent much of today finishing the final muck box and then shifting muck from one box to the next. The first box, which the Big Lad is enthusiastically pointing out, has been rotting down for two years now and once we’d removed the top quarter of unrotted material, we found we’d hit the pay dirt.
* Led Zeppelin rented as many as six floors of the hotel in the mid-to-late 1970s for the band members and entourage. Drummer John Bonham was reported to have driven a motorcycle along the hallways.
* Room 1015 bears the distinction of being where Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards dropped a TV out the window. The Who's Keith Moon was also reported to had dropped a TV out of one of the hotel's windows.
* Scenes in the film Almost Famous which depict the hotel were filmed at the actual hotel. Parts of the hotel were refurbushed with exactly the same decor as existed there in the 1970s.
* The scene from Almost Famous in which Russell Hammond cries out, "I am a Golden God!" is a reference to Led Zeppelin singer Robert Plant who allegedly said the same thing while looking over Sunset Strip from one of the hotel's balconies in 1975.
* The end-of-tour party scene in the film This is Spinal Tap was filmed on the roof of the hotel.
* Little Richard lived at the hotel through much of the 1980s and 1990s
* Jim Morrison lived there until he was reportedly evicted by management for hanging out a window by his fingertips, dangling over the pavement.
So. You want to come up to L.A., we'll
be at the "Riot House" all week.
"The Riot House?"
The Continental Hyatt House! It's on