So here's my music
. I've rushed it as I wanted to do it before I returned home away from the fast internet. I didn't get to convert them or figure out how to get it in the order I wanted but the music is there.
My favourite albums of the year were...
The Kills: Midnight Boom
MGMT: Oracular Spectacular
DeVotchKa: How it Ends
Hot Chip: Made in the Dark
Herman Dune: Next Year in Zion
Heres how it should play...
1) Tom Morello, Chad Smith w/the Wu Tang Clan: Wu Tang Clan Aint Nuthin to Fuck Wit'
I've gone from loving this version to hating it to loving it. I have always felt that Notes from the Muck was some kind of clan, a multi headed beast (including our glorious readers) spraying forth its fire ash into the night sky.
2) The Glimmers: Physical
3) TVOTR: Lover's Day -
I just got this for xmas and really enjoyed the whole album though it didn't come in time for it to be one of my favourites of the year.
4) Dan Le Sac Vs. Scroobius Pip: A Letter From God to Man
5) The Kills: Last Day of Magic-
Granted, this WAS one of my favourite albums of 2008, but really, was it so good it merited 3 songs on here? I doubt it.
6) Kanye West: Love Lockdown -
I don't really like much of the new album but I think this is addictive.
7) DeVotchKa: How it Ends -
I wish I could tell you that my cultured tastes naturally led me to know about this fantastic band but I can't. I got it from a computer game advert
. There. I said it.
8) Bon Iver: Skinny Love -
Sorry Jeff. I guess we're just in sync.
9) Fleet Foxes: Ragged Wood -
10) Ida Maria: Oh My God -
This is a great song to shout to.
11) Hot Chip: Ready for the Floor -
I really should've put an extra song from this charming album instead of the Kills one. Hey ho. I can't recall a time when this song came on and it didn't lift my mood in some way shape or form. Also, these guys are from Putney. Where I'm from.
12) Herman Dune: Lovers Are Waterproof -
A beautiful bit of story telling.
13) MGMT: Electric Feel
Dizzee Rascal and Calvin Harris: Come and Dance wiv Me
15) Cool Kids: What it is
16) Glasvegas: Geraldine
17) The Kills: Good Night, Bad Morning
18) Herman Dune: My Baby is Afraid of Sharks -it goes without saying I would include this.
19) DeVotchKa: Such A Lovely Thing - This will be the soundtrack to the movie Matt, Jeff and I star in. From the beginning we see Jeff on a tightrope walking across the city in order to get away with the precious booty, while below, Matt and I cause a diversion mascerading as belly dancers.
20) The Kills: Cheap and Cheerful.
Labels: 2008 music list, beldaz